The yRoom is an augmented video conferencing system designed to complement the traditional face-to-face visit, and does so by providing the HCP and rep exactly the right information when and where they need it. With different views for both the HCP and the rep, the rep can better tailor the HCP experience to that HCP's specific needs, while having access to all the data required to ensure a successful and productive virtual visit.
The yRoom is a platform-independent solution and offers the following advantages:
- No plugins need to be installed in order to use the platform
- Works in a browser, on any device (even on smartphones)
- Integrated in ysura CRM, SalesForce, and Veeva (automatic documentation of the call)
- CRM system (ysura, Salesforce, Veeva)
- Modern browser (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari)
- Camera and microphone for optimal use
Participants only need a modern browser. No software installations or plug-ins are required.
A connector retrieves data from a connected CRM system (backing system).
The retrieved data objects depend of the capabilities of the backing system.
In case a capability required for the yRoom is not available in the backing system, the yRoom takes over.
The connector transparently handles authentication and data is retrieved on behalf of the current user with specific user permissions.
Three connectors can be thought of in a first yRoom production version. These are:
- ysura CRM connector
- Salesforce connector
- Veeva CRM connector
Data mapping ysura CRM
- organization display name
- postal code
- display name (string, CRM specific)
- speciality (string, CRM specific)
- Person touch points
- display name
- Person Consent
- conest types (name)
- communication data types
- communication data type value
Add new media
Maintain existing media
Associated room types
Media Formatting - General Requirements
max 15Mb recommended
keep in mind that any client needs to download all media that will be shown to them first and connection speed may be limited
.html (using Reveal.JS)
both PDF and HTML Reveal.JS presentations work great with the yRoom, interactivity is limited to HTML however
Number of files per media
even complex e.g. interactive presentations need to be delivered as 1 file
the media library only supports single-file media at this point
your client will view a media in nearly fullscreen when shared augmented by your video feed, we recommend sticking to landscape media to best utilise the available screen real estate
supported for HTML
interactive presentations are supported for HTML, it's best to stick to the revealjs.com framework and keep everything in one file
-linked images work btw, given they are hosted publicly available
Use custom template
Use user's email as "from" address
Use user's email as "reply-to" address
Send a test mail
Template Placeholder - General Requirements
- generalized salutation and name of the recipient
- auto-replace the correct yroom link
- have the name and email of the user
- Start a yRoom call directly from your CRM system
- Unilaterally display CRM master data and activities with that customer during the call
- Send email invitations for the yRoom call to the customer
- Make yRoom calls with audio and video
- Present eDetailing media
- Automatic documentation of the activity in the CRM system including the media presented
TokBox network connectivity requirements
The yRoom uses TokBox for ... please find specific requirements in that regard below.
TokBox services require access to specific ports. At a minimum the following requirements must be met:
- Open TCP port 443
- Whitelist the following domains:
Along with the minimum requirements, opening UDP Port 3478 will give you a better experience. UDP is highly recommended over TCP for better quality audio and video. The protocol favors timeliness over reliability which is consistent with the human perceptive preferences; where we can fill in gaps but are sensitive to time-based delays.
This port only accepts inbound traffic after an outbound request is sent. The connection is bidirectional but is always initiated from the corporate network/client so it is not possible for an external entity to send malicious traffic in the opposite direction. For the best possible experience, we recommend opening UDP ports 1025 - 65535.
Whitelist the following HTTPS verification servers for our HTTPS certificate. Not doing so may cause console warnings, but should not affect the session.
As a general rule, using the latest versions of TokBox and browsers will produce the best results. Most proxies are supported in browsers and mobile apps today. If the only way to access the Internet from your network is through a proxy then it must be a transparent proxy or it must be configured in the browser for HTTPS connections. WebRTC does not work with proxies requiring authentication. Along with these requirements, clients may have the following rules:
- although not every option has been tested, recent versions have full support for authentication
- pre-58 version support NTLM authentication
- we've found a forwarding proxy setup with Kerberos does not work
- Firefox does not support proxies that inspect packets to validate that connections are real TLS connections, because Firefox does not support TURN over TLS
- Internet Explorer requires the installation of a plugin. Use the latest version of the IE browser when possible.
- supports basic authentication, and NTLM
- other authentication algorithms like Kerberos have not been fully tested
- iOS does not support proxy configurations that use .pac files